Let’s Go To The Dogs – With Regents Rovers
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.– Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
San Diego Humane Society’s Walk for Animals San Diego is nearly here, and our Regents Bank team is gearing up! On Saturday, May 7, our team of more than 20 Regents Bank employees and friends, along with our four legged friends (on a leash), will make the two-mile walk at Liberty Station.
San Diego Humane Society raised so much money last year that San Diego County became a no-kill county for the first time ever, and we’re motivated to keep it that way.
Our team has raised nearly 75 percent of our $5,000 goal. We’re still growing our team, so we’re inviting you to join us. You and your furry friend(s) will enjoy free giveaways and a great morning stroll…not to mention the wonderful feeling that comes from saving animals.
If you can’t walk, a small donation would help so many animals in such a big way. Donations provide food, medical care and a safe haven for thousands of animals in need. Your donation and/or participation will literally made the difference between life and death for San Diego animals.
This year, San Diego Humane Society will save the lives of more than 30,000 animals.
- More than 10,000 homeless animals will find new homes
- The foster program will provide a second chance to 2,000 sick, injured, or underage animals
- 16,000 animals will be examined in veterinary medical centers
- Humane law enforcement officers will respond to nearly 10,000 calls of animals in need
- Project Wildlife will care for nearly 12,000 injured or orphaned wildlife
- San Diego Humane Society surgeons will perform more than 5,500 reduced cost spay/neuter operations on community-owned animals
- The Humane Society’s 24-hour-kitten nursery will serve as a safe haven to nearly 1,800 newborn, orphaned kittens
NTC Park at Liberty Station
2455 Cushing Road
San Diego, CA 92106
Schedule of Events
- 7:00 a.m. — Registration, Pancake Breakfast, Doggie Activities, Vendor Village
- 8:30 a.m. — Blessing of the Animals
- 8:45 a.m. — Warm-up
- 9:00 a.m. — Walk begins
- 9:30 a.m. — Doggie activities and Vendor Village continue until noon
- $40 – Adults (ages 18+)
- $20 – Children (ages 17 and under)
- $10 – Cat Nappers (Individuals who are raising funds but not attending the Walk)
All registered participants will receive a commemorative Walk for Animals T-shirt! T-shirts for Cat Nappers will be mailed after the event.
Thank you in advance for all who participate and/or donate.
Linking to Non-Regents Bank Websites
This icon appears next to every link that directs to a third party website not affiliated with Regents Bank. Please be advised that if you click this link you will be taken to a website hosted by another party, where you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy and security policies of Regents Bank. We recommend that you review and evaluate the privacy and security policies of the site that you are entering. Regents Bank assumes no liability for the content, information, security, policies or transactions provided by these other sites.